Status: SELF-EMPLOYED Part-time 0.4 FTE.
Salary: £1,300 per month (equivalent to £3,250 per month full-time)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave (@F/T) included
Length of contract: 12-month fixed term with potential for extension dependent on funding.
Schedule/ hours: 7.5 Hours per day. Provision for flexible working. Some evening meetings (mostly online)
Work Location: This role will be home-based, with meetings in Haringey, London from time-to-time.
Please send your cv and cover letter to Cara Jenkinson by noon 2 February 2024. If you have any questions or queries about the job, please contact Cara Jenkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
En10ergy is a community energy organisation which delivers community-owned renewable and energy efficiency projects in Haringey. We currently have 4 installations, at a local branch of M & S, a church and two schools. We are a Community Benefit Society – a type of co-operative social enterprise. Our purpose is to increase community-owned renewable energy across Haringey, so that local people can benefit from and participate in the development of the energy systems of the future. All surpluses are used to fund the society’s work and that of its sister organisation Muswell Hill Sustainability Group.
About the role
En10ergy is looking to scale up our work through developing new renewable and energy efficiency projects in Haringey. The role includes the identification of potential projects, taking them through feasibility and on to delivery. It is expected that capital funding for projects will be raised mainly through community share offers, although other funding sources may be used, particularly for project development. As project development officer, you will also identify different funding sources, and submit bids to those that are most relevant for en10ergy’s work. You will also look to streamline the management of our existing solar installations, and the management of our shareholders.
Reporting to: The Chair of en10ergy
Future project development
- Building on a starting project pipeline that we have developed, identify potential projects for renewable energy and energy efficiency installation projects in Haringey and environs, initially using desk research, and publicly available mapping tools.
- Liaise with prospective host sites, including but not limited to: drawing up a memorandum of understanding, understanding patterns of energy use, project managing feasibility studies including financial model development.
- Managing community share offers, including drawing up the share prospectus, marketing, and liaising with our share registrar
- Keep up-to-date on potential sources of grant funding, and make applications where relevant
- Project management of renewable energy and energy efficiency projects including site surveys, development of scope and specifications of work, tendering including appraisal, contract agreement, liaison and coordination with all stakeholders including installers, DNO, energy suppliers, associated professionals and hosts to ensure smooth installation and commissioning.
Streamline existing processes
- Review existing processes including host site billing, shareholder management and book-keeping to identify opportunities for improving efficiency including automation
- An understanding of the renewables sector and energy efficiency, particularly solar PV, battery and LED lighting technologies
- Understanding of the capabilities of solar energy production and of energy usage in buildings.
- Project management including stakeholder management
- Procurement including tender evaluation
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Financial modelling
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Construction project management including understanding of contracts (JCT)
- Experience of designing, delivering or maintaining renewable/energy efficiency systems
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience of project delivery including budgeting
- Financial modelling and Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of dealing with clients and professional collaborators in a project delivery context
- Experience of working with local authorities or other public and voluntary sector partners.
- Experience of share issuance through Ethex or other means.
- Training and/or qualification in renewable energy systems or energy efficiency of buildings
- Project management qualification
En10ergy is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief.